Here at the Star Rock Shop we understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits www.starrockshopkirriemuir.co.uk. We will only collect and use personal data as detailed here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is in simple terms any data about you that enables identification as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679 updated May 2018) (the “GDPR”) Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to have all data held deleted
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
What Data Do We Collect?
Depending upon your use of our Site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal:
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Job title;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. Your personal data will be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site;
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details may be required in order for us to enter into a contract of sale with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email.
- Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to us and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- SSL certificate
- Password secured database
- Strong passwords to enhance website security
Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
How Can I Control My Personal Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via our Site, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data.
Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of ourSite without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by the Site when you visit certain parts our Site and/or when you use certain features of our Site. Details of the Cookies used by our Site are set out in Part 14, below; and
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
By using our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us.
All Cookies used by and on our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a prompt. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first-party Cookies and block third-party Cookies.
How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use one of the following details. Starrockshopkirriemuir.co.uk or 01575 218518.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.